Truefood – Erythritol
R85.00 – R200.00
Truefood Erythritol powder is an s zero-kilojoule sweetener that has the same taste as cane sugar but with much fewer calories. Erythritol is a type of sugar alcohol that our bodies are unable to break down, as a result the sugar goes through the system without causing harmful metabolic disruptions like blood sugar spikes and it won’t affect your body’s cholesterol levels. If you’re on a sugar-restricted diet, or following a low-carb Banting eating plan, this low-calorie sweetener is the ideal sugar alternative.
Erythritol is a sugar alcohol (polyol) that occurs naturally in some fruits and fermented foods, discovered in 1848 by Scottish chemist John Stenhouse. Erythritol has since gained popularity as a zero-kilojoule sugar alternative that is both teeth friendly and suitable for diabetics.
The body does not completely absorb Erythritol and as a result it does not cause blood sugar spikes or alter insulin levels, this makes it a suitable sugar alternative for those suffering with diabetes or Hyperglycemia.
Unlike cane sugar that provides energy for harmful mouth bacteria, Erythritol is beneficial for teeth as the bacteria are unable to digest the sugar. Studies on school children have shown that Erythritol could be more effective at preventing cavities then xylitol and animal studies have shown that the sugar alcohol acts as an antioxidant which can be preventative for a range of illnesses.
Great for weight watchers or those suffering from obesity, Erythritol does not raise cholesterol levels, it tastes like sugar and does not impact your body negatively.
– Erythritol powder
– Dimensions: 120mm x 140mm x 40mm
– Capacity: 170g
– Warranty: Non-Returnable
Terms & Conditions Of Our Products
- All Hansen’s Wellness Specified products are manufactured to order. Our manufacturing process takes between 24 & 48 hours.
- We deliver nationwide. All orders are sent overnight with Globeflight.
- Hansen’s Wellness is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products, however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.
- For all issues, queries & information please contact us email@example.com